Conflux Community, a public blockchain backed by the Chinese language authorities, on Tuesday unveiled its first blockchain-based SIM card, or BSIM, in a collaboration with China’s second-largest wi-fi service China Telecom.
See associated article: China’s ‘Instagram’ gets NFT makeover with Conflux
- The BSIM card will permit customers to entry blockchain-based capabilities resembling on-chain knowledge storage, digital identification verification, administration of digital property, in addition to enhance cell phones’ defence in opposition to cyber assaults, in line with a Twitter post by Conflux on Tuesday.
- On the launch occasion, Conflux Community Co-Founder and Chief Know-how Officer Ming Wu transferred a commemorative NFT from Conflux’s BSIM card account to China Telecom’s to mark the partnership.
- A BSIM card appears the identical as an atypical SIM and is appropriate with each Android and IOS working methods, however packs 10-20 occasions bigger cupboard space and a computing energy a number of dozen occasions stronger, in line with Fan Lengthy, Conflux Founder and President of the Tree-Graph Research Institute, the analysis group behind the Conflux Community.
- The BSIM card will probably be piloted in Hong Kong, which is searching for to construct itself into a worldwide hub of the Web 3.0 industry, after which launched to mainland China and abroad markets.
- The Tree-Graph Analysis Institute was established in 2020 to additional the event of the Conflux blockchain, and is supported by the municipal authorities of Shanghai.
- The Institute is concerned within the drafting of IEEE P3217 – a global blockchain normal by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers to outline the interface between blockchain and blockchain purposes, which is about to be revealed in June 2023, in line with a Wednesday report by state media Xinhua Information Company.
- Launched in 2018, Conflux Community is a layer 1 blockchain that claims to be the one regulatory-compliant public blockchain in China, and has collaborated with a variety of enterprises and government entities on blockchain and metaverse initiatives within the nation.
- Following the launch occasion of the BSIM card, the value of Conflux CFX, the native token of the Conflux blockchain, reached a ten-day excessive of US$0.3253 on Could 16. The token was buying and selling at US$0.3007 as of 11:30 a.m. in Hong Kong, up over 15% for the week, in line with knowledge from CoinMarketCap.
See associated article: Conflux launches Tethys mainnet in China with government thumbs up